Top tips for fundraising success:
1. Ask everyone you know. Friends, family, neighbours, and work colleagues. You just never know who may hold the causes close to their heart, or who may simply want to support you to help you reach your goal.
2. Ask up to three times. It may take you asking and then a couple of reminders before your supporters follow through with a donation. Life is busy and your request may have been forgotten. Our recommendation is to ask once and remind up to two times.
3. Personalize your online giving page. Add your photo and personal story, or why the cause and reaching your goal is important to you.
To personalize your fundraising page, click the Participant Login link found at the very top of this webpage. Then using your user name and password that you created when you registered, you can login to the fundraising portal to access all our online fundraising tools including your personal fundraising page.
4. Set the bar by making a self-pledge. People will see your commitment and be more likely to support you. Also, your self-pledge will set a precedent for what others will donate.
To make a donation to yourself, go to the Tour de Guelph home page, select search to search for and find your personal fundraising page, then click the donate button on your page to make a donation to yourself.
5. Start early! The earlier you start asking, the more time you’ll have to reach your goal.