Fundraising is as easy as asking!
Fundraising may seem like an intimidating challenge, but it really is as easy as asking.
When you register for Tour de Guelph, an online fundraising page will be automatically be produced for you. You may use your email that you use at time of registration as well as the user name and password that you created to sign in to the fundraising portal and use the online tools to help you reach your fundraising goals.
Top tips for fundraising success:
1. Ask everyone you know. Friends, family, neighbours, and work colleagues. You just never know who may hold the causes close to their heart, or who may simply want to support you to help you reach your goal.
2. Ask often. It often takes multiple asks before someone follows through with a donation. Life is busy and your request may have been forgotten. Our recommendation is to ask once and remind up to three times.
3. Personalize your online giving page. Add your photo and personal story, or why the cause and reaching your goal is important to you.
To personalize your fundraising page, click the Participant Login link found at the very top of this webpage. Then using your user name and password that you created when you registered, you can login to the fundraising portal to access all our online fundraising tools including your personal fundraising page.
4. Set the bar by making a self-pledge. People will see your commitment and be more likely to support you. Also, your self-pledge will set a precedent for what others will donate.
To make a donation to yourself, go to the Tour de Guelph home page, select search to search for and find your personal fundraising page, then click the donate button on your page to make a donation to yourself.
5. Start early! The earlier you start asking, the more time you’ll have to reach your goal.
Fundraising Momentum Promotions & Prizes
We’ve partnered with sponsor Fixed Gear Brewing Co. to give you some extra incentives to fundraise.
Mega-Momentum Fundraising Contest
All those to register for Tour de Guelph 2019 and fundraise $1000 before midnight May 10th, 2019 will be entered for a chance to win a STAZ Zero bicycle trainer. The winner will be drawn and announced on May 13th, 2019 and the prize will be picked up at Fixed Gear who will toss in another little surprise!
Flash-Momentum Fundraising Promos
Fixed Gear will be announcing more fundraising contests as we get closer to the event date. Check back here regularly or sign up for our Tour de Guelph eNews Updates to keep up-to-date on all our exciting news.
Tour de Guelph 2019 Cycling Jersey
This year, all riders to raise $300 or more will automatically receive a cycling jersey. Whether you choose to Fundraise-to-Ride or Free-Wheeler, we will give you a Jersey if you reach the $300 fundraising goal.
Jersey’s come in adult and kids sizes, be sure to state your jersey size at the time of registration in case you meet the fundraising milestone.
You also have the option of purchasing a jersey at the time of your registration.
All those to meet the $300 fundraising milestone or to purchase a jersey with their registration by Thursday May 9th will receive their jersey on the day of the event. All others will be delivered 4 to 6 weeks following the event.